In a healthy digestive tract, there are hundreds of billions of bacteria and other microorganisms. In fact there are more bacteria in the human body than individual human cells! There are both friendly and unfriendly guests in every digestive tract. But in healthy human intestines, the good bacteria, or probiotics, outnumber all the unhelpful guests; a normal healthy ratio is about 85% friendly to 15% unfriendly.*
You can promote the healthy probiotic balance in your gut by:
- Eating a diet rich in prebiotic fiber and vegetables that nourish probiotics.
- Avoiding foods that tend to feed yeast and other unfriendly guests—especially sugary foods and refined carbs.
- Avoiding foods that seem to irritate your digestive tract.
- Taking a high quality probiotic supplement.*
- Taking digestive enzyme supplements to support smooth digestion.*
As part of the comprehensive program of nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle modification, you may want to consider adding a Probiotic supplement to support healthy immunity and digestive function.*