Hello, I’m Patrick Sullivan Jr., the CEO of Jigsaw Health, and a board member of Consumers for Dental Choice for over a decade.
I want to tell you a story of two guys...
No, not professional golfers Tom Leham and Tiger Woods. I’m talking about Pat Sullivan… my dad… in 1993 and 1999.
Kinda weird that he looks less healthy in 93 compared to 6 years later in 99, right?
My Dad had 14 mercury amalgams (aka. “silver fillings”) in his mouth since he was a kid, and it wrecked his health for 30 years until they were safely removed.
He wrote about this in his book, “Wellness Piece by Piece”, published in 2004.
This is partly the reason why he and I started Jigsaw Health together in 2005.
The Sullivan family and Jigsaw Health have been supporting Consumers for Dental Choice in their relentless march to ban this insidious poison for nearly 15 years.
I know many of you reading this have contributed to this worthy cause over the years. I want to personally thank you very, very much.
As of late 2020, the FDA has a new dental amalgam policy that advises to end amalgam use for broad categories of Americans, a number clearly exceeding 100,000,000 people, including:
- Pregnant women, women who are planning to become pregnant, and nursing women: This includes over 75 million women of childbearing age.
- Children, especially those younger than six years of age: America has about 73 million children, accounting for about 22% of the population.
- People with pre-existing neurological disease: FDA specifically lists multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease as examples, but a multitude of neurological diseases and disorders exist – ranging from learning disabilities to epilepsy.
- People with impaired kidney function: About 15% of the adult American population (more than 1 in 7 adults) is affected by kidney disease.
- People with known heightened sensitivity (allergy) to mercury or other components of amalgam: Even beyond mercury, which is known to be toxic for everyone, amalgam’s other ingredients – like silver – can also cause problems for some people.
We at the board of Consumers for Dental Choice salute this first step toward protecting the public from amalgam.
So, if the policy is changed, can we all just pack our bags and go home?
Unfortunately, no. This war isn't over yet.
We won a MAJOR battle, and the next step is for us to build on that momentum and communicate this new policy to dentists, healthcare professionals, and really, people around the world.
We're entering a new chapter, it’s going to take some time, and yeah money, so we still need your help.
The Sullivan family and Jigsaw Health will continue to participate in donating to this worthy cause, and I’m asking that you soldier on with us.
Here’s the coolest part… During “Mercury Amalgam Awareness” week, Dr. Joe Mercola is DOUBLING all donations, up to $150,000 dollars.
So a $100 dollar donation magically turns into $200.
I’m announcing that the campaign has been extended by 3 days, through September 15, and Jigsaw Health is going to TRIPLE every donation, up to $5,000.
So Dr. Mercola turns your $100 into $200, and Jigsaw turns it into $300!!!
Please help by donating today.
PS - As a reminder, all donations are tax-deductible. Thank you so much for your continued support.
-Patrick Sullivan Jr.
CEO & Co-Founder of Jigsaw Health