4 Little-Known Ways B Vitamins Protect Your Brain...
There's been several studies that demonstrate the positive benefits that B vitamins have on the health of your brain.*
More specifically, here's 4 unique ways B vitamins support a healthy brain...
- Required for the production and function of neurotransmitters in your brain.*
- Protects the coating around your nerve cells called myelin -- without this protection, nerve signals begin to slow, causing motor function issues, cognitive decline and mood changes.*
- Aids in cell communication. (1)*
- Lowers homocysteine, a damaging amino acid (at higher than normal levels) with a multitude of harmful consequences on brain health (2).*
BUT, not all B vitamins are created equal...
The best quality B vitamin supplements include only the active forms.
Active, or activated, simply means that each B vitamin is in its bioavailable form.*
Why does this matter?
Inactive forms must be converted (or "methylated") by the liver in order to become active, bioavailable forms that can be absorbed and utilized by your body.*
But because your liver can only convert them so fast, most inactive B vitamins are quickly eliminated from your body before offering much benefit.*
That's not the only problem...
- As you age, your body's ability to covert inactive B vitamins to their active usable form becomes less and less.*
- Some individuals are pre-disposed and have trouble absorbing B vitamins making it critical to have the active, readily-available form.*
- Stress, medications, caffeine, sugar, and refined carbohydrates deplete B vitamins, increasing your body's requirement.*
That's why Jigsaw Health provides you Jigsaw Activated B w/SRT® -- the conversion is already done for you, so your body gets the B vitamins it needs in the forms you can use instantly.*
Source: 1) Mercola, Dr. Joseph. “How B Vitamins Improve Brain Health.”Mercola.com, Dr. Joseph Mercola, 9 Mar. 2017,articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/03/09/b-vitamins-improve-brain-health.aspx. 2) Smith, A. David, et al. “Homocysteine-Lowering by B Vitamins Slows the Rate of Accelerated Brain Atrophy in Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, 8 Sept. 2010,journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0012244.
Jigsaw's Quality Promise...
Every batch of product is tested by a 3rd party lab, and the results are posted online for all to see. We believe that what's on the label is what should be in the bottle, and nothing else.
Wishing you wellness!