Is vitamin C toxic at high doses?
Vitamin C is widely considered to be one of safest nutrients. However, people who have a high risk of kidney disease, kidney stones, or disorders of iron metabolism (iron overload) should avoid large doses of vitamin C and consult their doctor or nutritionist prior to taking supplementation.
With the latest RDA published in 2000, a tolerable upper intake level (UL) for vitamin C was set for the first time. A UL of 2 grams (2,000 milligrams) daily was recommended in order to prevent most adults from experiencing diarrhea and gastrointestinal disturbances. However, as stated, these symptoms are generally benign and not a sign of actual toxicity. Vitamin C is very safe.
Back to Puerway-C®+Lysine >