Multivitamins are amongst the most popular dietary supplements consumed today with more than 1/3 of all Americans taking them (1).
And, it's because they're marketed to deliver the needed daily vitamins and minerals in one pill a day.
Sadly, what people don't often know, is the reality of these one-a-day multivitamins...
Here's 4 shocking truths about most multivitamins:
- Cheap, Inactive Forms - Most multivitamins use cheap, "inactive" forms of vitamins, which means your liver must first convert them before they can be utilized. These have poor absorption and do little good for your body.
- Artificial Ingredients - Colorings, flavorings and preservatives are often included in multivitamins to make them look pretty, but these offer zero health benefits. In fact, to some, they can be harmful.
- Hard to Digest - Some multivitamins are compressed very tightly to make the pills smaller, and therefore easier to swallow. Unfortunately, this hinders their ability to be digested.
- Low Dose - Some multivitamins may have a long list of ingredients to make you believe you are covering a lot of bases. But, they simply don't pack enough punch per nutrient to deliver health benefits. Simply put, you just can't fit the needed quantities of each nutrient in one pill. (2)
For these reasons, we've never carried a "one-a-day" multivitamin. It's just not possible to deliver everything you need, in the highest quality forms in one multivitamin pill.
Instead, we provide three convenient (and effective) options:
1) Jigsaw Basic™ delivers your basic daily vitamins and minerals in one easy on-the-go packet per day.
2) Jigsaw Complete™ takes it one step further by delivering higher quantities in two easy on-the-go packets per day; one in the morning and one for the evening.
3) Jigsaw Ultimate™ is well, ULITMATE. It includes everything in the Jigsaw Complete plus extra Vitamin C, Fish Oil and Vitamin K2 + E complex with the addition of CoQ10 and Curcumin in two on-the-go daily packets.
Sources: (1) "Office of Dietary Supplements - Multivitamin/mineral Supplements." NIH Office of Dietary Supplements. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, n.d. Web. 14 Aug. 2017. (2) Olsen, Dr. Scott. "The Myth of the Once-A-Day Multivitamin." Jigsaw Health. Jigsaw Health, 27 Jan. 2015. Web. 14 Aug. 2017.
Save $10 on any order this month at JigsawHealth.com with Coupon Code: AugBlog17
> View our full Product Catalog
> Or call us at 480-951-0840
Wishing you wellness!