B vitamins are vitally important to many bodily functions such as energy production, metabolism, mood, hormones, and nervous system function.*
Every cell in your body needs B vitamins every second of the day.
Unfortunately, there are several factors that deplete this critical nutrients*...
- Refined sugar and starches demand B vitamins metabolize and convert into energy.*
- Alcohol quickly depletes B vitamin stores in your body.*
- Caffeine is a diuretic and causes B vitamins to be flushed out of your body at a faster rate.*
- When your body is under stress, it utilizes B vitamins to cope rapidly depleting these nutrients.*
- Certain medications can leach onto B vitamins in your body and interfere with proper utilization.* (1)
So, be sure you are eating a diet rich in B vitamins (meat, leafy greens, eggs, yogurt, and avocado are great sources). And consider adding a B complex supplement to your daily regimen.
BUT, Buyers Beware...
Not all B vitamin supplements are created equal.
Here are 2 things you need to look for when shopping for the best B vitamin supplement:
- Look for the "active" forms of B vitamins so your body does not have to convert them in your liver. Most B vitamin supplements use the cheap, inactive forms and are poorly absorbed and utilized.*
- Best absorbed if taken in a sustained release form so your body has a constant stream of B vitamins throughout the day.*
For these reasons, we thoughtfully formulated the top-selling Jigsaw Activated B w/SRT® to provide you with only the active, bioavailable forms of B vitamins combined with our proprietary Sustained Release Technology (w/SRT®) so you're getting a steady release of B vitamins over 8 hours.*
Sources: 1) "What Are the Vitamin B Robbers?" Healthy Eating | SF Gate. SF Gate, n.d. Web. 09 Jan. 2017.