Natalie Ochoa (Jigsaw's Director of Operations) explains why stability is so important in Probiotics and the 5 Step Process that Jigsaw Health takes to ensure stability and potency in every bottle:
- During manufacturing, we add 10% overage of each bacteria strain — provides a cushion in case bacteria begins to wake up during transit.
- After manufacturing, we ship them to our warehouse in a refrigerated truck — keeps bacteria dormant in transit to our warehouse.
- We store them in large freezers at our warehouse to ensure stability.
- We only ship Monday through Wednesday during the hotter months to avoid longer transit times over weekends.
- We ship to a 3rd party lab in an unrefrigerated truck for testing — the same way a customer would receive them — to validate that there are 25 billion strains per capsule.