The secret mineral for performance and recovery...
Perhaps one of the most important minerals for exercise is magnesium. Yet sadly, magnesium is severely underused by most sports trainers, athletes and even practicing sports physicians.
Magnesium plays a pivotal role throughout your body during and after exercise. In fact, even a small shortfall in magnesium status can inhibit your exercise performance.
Magnesium is involved in numerous processes that help optimize your performance:
- Maximize protein synthesis: Protein synthesis is how you build lean muscle mass and it requires ample magnesium to function properly 1.*
- Energy metabolism: ATP (adenosine triphosphate) -- your cells main source of energy -- must bind to magnesium ions in your body to be biologically active 2.*
- Oxygen uptake: Magnesium may improve oxygen delivery to working muscle tissue 3.*
- Electrolyte balance: Magnesium helps regulate levels of some of the most common electrolytes such as calcium, potassium, zinc and copper 4.*
- Enhance muscle recovery: Magnesium is necessary for normal muscle contraction and relaxation. Low magnesium levels are often associated with increased muscle cramps 5.*
One of the best things you can do to prepare your body for exercise and assist recovery is by getting plenty of magnesium.
(1) "Post-Workout Recovery: The Importance of Zinc and Magnesium | Ancestral Health Guy." Ancestral Health Guy. Ancestral Health Guy, 15 Aug. 2013. Web. 15 June 2015. (2) Greenfield, Ben. "Why I Slather My Body With Magnesium Oil After Every Hard Workout. - Ben Greenfield Fitness - Fat Loss, Performance and Nutrition Advice." Ben Greenfield Fitness Fat Loss Performance and Nutrition Advice. N.p., 20 Oct. 2011. Web. 15 June 2015. (3) "Maximal oxygen consumption as related to magnesium, copper, and zinc nutriture." National Center for Biotechnology Information. U.S. National Library of Medicine, n.d. Web. 15 June 2015. (4) Li, Piper. "Electrolyte Imbalance and Magnesium." LIVESTRONG.COM. LIVESTRONG.COM, 28 Jan. 2015. Web. 15 June 2015. (5) Sircus, Dr. "Magnesium Deficiency Symptoms and Diagnosis." Dr. Sircus. International Medical Veritas Association, 08 Dec. 2009. Web. 15 June 2015.
Click here to add 6 bottles of Magnesium w/SRT to your cart & save $60.84 + FREE shipping (Continental U.S. only)
$10 Off Coupon Code: AugBlog15
> Click here to quickly Re-Order from Your Account
> Click here to see the our full Product List
> Call us toll-free at 1-866-601-5800
Wishing you the very best of health,
The Jigsaw Team
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.