Magnesium malate is formed when magnesium is attached to malic acid (an organic compound found in fruits and vegetables, especially apples).
Here are 5 surprising benefits to using magnesium malate:
- Magnesium malate has the ability to bind to toxic metals, like aluminum, and excrete them from your body.*
- Magnesium malate is great for your skin, it helps exfoliate and give skin a youthful appearance.*
- Because of the malic acid, magnesium malate plays a vital role in supporting healthy relaxed muscles and overall muscle performance.*
- Magnesium malate promotes the production of saliva, which helps control oral bacteria.*
- The malic acid in magnesium malate plays a central role in the energy production cycle and is particularly important for healthy energy levels.*
It's important to be sure you are choosing a good form of magnesium, like magnesium malate.
Other cheaper forms of magnesium, are poorly absorbed in the body and come with unwanted side effects such as diarrhea.*
Jigsaw MagSRT® uses a premium form, Dimagnesium Malate (2 ions of magnesium bound to malic acid), and includes Sustained Release Technology (SRT).
Sustained Release Technology (SRT) slows down the release of magnesium over 8 hours to enhance absorption and avoid digestive discomfort.*
Source: "Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid." The Healthier Life Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid Comments. Agora Health Ltd, 3 Dec. 2001. Web. 24 Oct. 2014.