Lance Dreher, PhD (aka "Dr. Fitness") has a cocktail every morning after a workout... a Jigsaw Adrenal Cocktail that is ;-)
The Jigsaw Adrenal Cocktail™ combines Whole Food Vitamin C, Potassium Bicarbonate, and Redmond’s Real Salt® in a unique formulation designed to support healthy adrenal gland function.
Vitamin C plays a critical role in adrenal function, including their ability to produce numerous hormones. In fact, the highest concentration of Vitamin C in your body is stored by your adrenal glands.
Additionally, sodium and potassium play a delicate dance in your adrenals and are both vital minerals for normal adrenal function.*
Transcript by Rev.com
- [Ashley]: Lance, I hear you drink a cocktail every day. Is that true?
- [Lance]: Ashley, I drink a cocktail every day, Jigsaw's Adrenal Cocktail™.
- [Ashley]: Really?
- [Lance]: Every day, after workout.
- [Ashley]: Well, why after a workout?
- [Lance]: Because my body's under stress when I work out right? Okay, so I need to replenish the nutrients that are necessary for my adrenals to function correctly, and that's of course in Jigsaw's Adrenal Cocktail. So when you exercise or you're under stress, you produce stress hormones, okay. And so when I'm exercising, I'm producing those stress hormones, adrenaline, cortisol. Okay, so my adrenals are stressed to do that. Right so what I do is I wanna replenish the nutrients that are used by the adrenal glands to stay functioning under stress. So I take the adrenal cocktail after the exercise routine. The adrenal glands can't take more than three weeks of maximum stress at any one time, whether you're from sickness, emotional stress, activity stress, any kind of stress, okay. The difference between exercise stress and stress from life is I have an increase in those mood elevating hormones, okay, or neurotransmitter, endorphins that make you feel really good. Your adrenal is still under stress, alright, so I replenish it. But if people are not exercising, they're not getting those endorphins that make them feel good, so the adrenals are really working overtime, so yes, they should be using this every day. They should take the adrenal cocktail every day. It's a good thing to do in the morning because as the day goes on, stress levels increase, okay. And you don't wanna take it in the evening because stress is at the maximum, you're gonna go to bed. So take it early in the day so you can utilize it properly.
- [Ashley]: So what do you mean by that when you say stress is at its maximum at the end of the day?
- [Lance]: Well, all day long you're under stress, okay. So at the end of the day is the highest levels of stress unless you're doing something to eliminate the stress. Most people don't, okay. That's why they have disruption in sleep patterns, alright and all those various things that happen late in the evening. They go home, they're in a bad mood. So you wanna help the adrenals recuperate, so the best thing to do is start the day with it, to give it the nutrients that it needs to be healthy.
- [Ashley]:So you don't have to reach the burn-out stage.
- [Lance]: Right, exactly, that's exactly it.
- [Ashley]: So, essentially the adrenals are stress managers inside your body.
- [Lance]: Bingo.
- [Ashley]: Okay, so we're fueling them with what? What is in the Adrenal Cocktail?
- [Lance]: Well you have Redmond's Real Salt, potassium bicarbonate that I love, and you also have wholefoods vitamin C.
- [Ashley]: Why do you love potassium bicarbonate so much?
- [Lance]: Potassium bicarbonate is a natural alkalizer. And when your cells are more alkaline, you have more oxygen present to do what? To make energy.
- [Ashley]: Ah.
- [Lance]: Also, potassium bicarbonate is a good buffer to eliminate okay or decrease bone loss because it lets your body use calcium properly for bone density and all the other various reasons. Potassium bicarbonate's great. You just can't find it that often.
- [Ashley]: So how does this stuff taste? Do you just mix it in water? How do you take yours?
- [Lance]: Do you really wanna know? I drink it straight.
- [Ashley]: Just in water?
- [Lance]: Yeah, of course, it's a drink. It's a cocktail, straight. It tastes a bit like salt. It doesn't bother me at all, okay. I come from the day when protein powder used to chunk up in water and float there. And you just had to hold your nose and drink it down.
- [Ashley]: Slam it down.
- [Lance]: So it doesn't bother me, but some people may want to add some flavoring to it like you do.
- [Ashley]: Orange juice, just a little bit in there. It makes it much more palatable and you can drink it down. But some people like Lance are much more tough and they can just put it in water and drink it. And go ahead, show us how it's done.
- [Lance]: See, Mr. Universe, I can take that too, believe me.
- [Ashley]: Let's see.
- [Lance]: Ahh, looks like a flat beer, doesn't it? That's smooth too.
- [Ashley]: So you can have a cocktail every day.
- [Lance]: Everyday.
- [Ashley]: JigsawHealth.com, check out Adrenal Cocktail, you'll love it.
- [Lance]: Believe me, you'll be able to drive after you drink that.
- [Ashley]: Oh that's good, you don't have to drink the whole thing. He loves it.