Each individual's daily energy level is affected by complex and interconnected systems in the body. In short, the human body feels worn out or fatigued when one or more of its systems have become taxed by our daily activities. Feeling tired is the body's way of requesting rest and nourishment to bring itself back to optimum energy levels.
Some of the factors involved in maintaining healthy energy levels include:
- Hormonal system — especially the adrenal glands, which are directly involved in the body's response to stress.
- Detoxification process — especially the liver, which is constantly working to neutralize contaminants in the blood (it also secretes bile for appropriate digestion of fats and acts as a storage unit for certain nutrients)
- Cellular metabolism
- Healthy weight management
- Immune response
- Caffeine and sugar consumption — can increase sense of energy temporarily, but lead to a "crash" later on
- Quality of sleep cycles
- Daily diet
- Digestion and absorption — eating well is just the first step; the body must also appropriately digest, absorb, and utilize nutrition
When the human body is functioning properly, it can efficiently recover from day-to-day wear and tear. Stress, compromised sleep cycles, and occasional over-exertion can tire the body. But, getting a little extra sleep, eating well, and taking some down time should bring energy levels back to normal. During healthy sleep cycles, the body actively maintains and restores itself from the effects of all our waking activities. When we eat well, we provide the body with food energy and nutritive building blocks on a cellular level.
Sometimes it seems that's not enough though. Very stressful or busy times can leave the body feeling fatigued or low-energy no matter how well we eat or how much sleep we get. That feeling itself is frustrating and adds to our stress load.
The body may require focused support for healthy digestion, balanced immune response, normal detoxification process, and appropriate sleep cycles. Strategic supplementation along with lifestyle changes can be the key to supporting a healthy recovery response and maintaining healthy energy levels.*
Supporting Healthy Energy Levels: Natural and Alternative Approaches, Recommendations from Jigsaw Health
As part of the comprehensive program of nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle modification, you may want to consider some of the products listed below, to help support the health of your energy production system.
**Use special promotional code "Energy5" to get $5 off any of these products at checkout.**
Magnesium Supplements—Two out of three Americans run low on magnesium, mostly because of our diet. Supplementing with Magnesium can be especially important for those wishing to support adrenal health because of its role in helping to:
- Maintain blood pressure within normal limits.*
- Maintain healthy blood pressure/glucose levels.*
- Support energy production—magnesium is essential to ATP production: no magnesium, no energy!*
- Promote a healthy mood, balanced response to stress.*
- Promote healthy muscle tone and function.*
- Support healthy athletic recovery.*
Most magnesium products are not easily absorbed—and many function as a laxative. Jigsaw's Magnesium w/SRT® addresses both issues and is the number one product we recommend to those starting out on their road to wellness.
Magnesium Supplements and Vitamin B Supplements—Promote healthy energy levels naturally with activated B vitamins and highly absorbable magnesium. Support your body's production of energy naturally. Sustain energy throughout the day. Promote restful sleep. Support metabolic system. Balance your sleep/wake cycles. Promote mental clarity, concentration and memory. Promote healthy muscle tone, function and endurance.*
Complete Daily Mineral Vitamin Supplements—Maintain healthy vitamin and mineral levels, promote total body health, provide antioxidant support, support healthy energy production, support a healthy digestive system, support a healthy hormonal system, promote a healthy nervous system, promote healthy immune response, maintain mental and emotional well-being, promote a healthy mood and balanced response to stress, promote mental clarity, and maintain normal blood sugar levels.*
Additional Products that May Offer Further Benefits:
- Digestive Health — Probiotics, Digestive Enzymes: Support healthy comfortable digestive function, promote regularity, support a healthy immune system response.*
- Brain Supplements — 5-HTP, L-Theanine, Activated B w/SRT: Support healthy sleep cycles and support overall well-being—so you can maintain your health and start feeling your best.*
- L-Theanine Suntheanine — Contains 100% pure L-Theanine by Suntheanine to promote a balanced response to stress, promote relaxation without drowsiness, and support healthy focus and concentration.*
- L-Tryptophan Supplements — Promotes healthy serotonin levels to support healthy sleep cycles.*