Ashley is joined by Dr. Decker Weiss, Principal Investigator of The Scottsdale Magnesium Study, to discuss the results of the Clinical Trial on the latest #AshWednesday
MagSRT by Jigsaw Health was evaluated in the Scottsdale Magnesium Study (SMS), a placebo-controlled, human clinical trial of 91 participants.
The study measured Magnesium Serum, Red Blood Cell (RBC) Magnesium, and Magnesium Deficiency symptoms.The results were published in the peer-reviewed Journal of the American College of Nutrition (JACN).
Transcript by Rev.com
- Hi everybody, I'm Ashley Leroux and today I'm here with Doctor Decker Weiss, who was the Principal Investigator of the Scottsdale Magnesium Study. Thank you so much for being here. Can you explain to us a little bit about what was the Scottsdale Magnesium Study?
- First was does it get into the bloodstream, a serum magnesium level. This kept a lot of medical doctors happy, people who have worked in hospitals, things like that. We saw a 22% increase in serum magnesium over eight hours, home run. The second parameter we looked at is a little more controversial, and this is the RBC magnesium level.
- Red blood cell?
- Red blood cells. We're trying to see if the magnesium's sticky. Is it getting into cells? What did we see? A 30% increase in RBC magnesium levels. It's getting into the bloodstream and it's getting into cells. At the end of the day, when you really look at NIH and CDC, they like symptom reduction.
- And there are a lot of symptoms related to magnesium deficiency.
- 63% reduction in magnesium deficiency symptoms.
- That's pretty awesome.
- It's not pretty awesome, it's spectacular! It is, because magnesium's hard, sorry to correct you, but magnesium is very, very difficult to get into bloodstream, get into tissues and see that clinical effectiveness. As a cardiologist, I haven't met a longterm hypertensive that doesn't have magnesium deficiency. Now, every time I grab this, and when I go to it I get 22% increase in serum, 30% increase in RBCs, 63% reduction in symptoms.
- And what am I seeing? I'm seeing blood pressures get better under control, I'm seeing sleep improve, cramps go away, faster, more efficiently than any time I'd seen 'em before. And less return bottles.
- When people see magnesium, they think of loose stool. "No, I tried magnesium," and now I can say, "You haven't tried this one" And I say that, because it's the exact magnesium in the bottle that was done in the trial, That is now going into The Journal of the American College of Nutrition. But to get into a major journal like that means it's important to them as well.
- So do you think that we're setting a new standard?
- Absolutely, every other single mineral product, if you're going to go out there and expect to sell it you're going to be now competing against somebody that says, "Here's our study." It changes the whole entire ballgame.
- Why don't more companies run these types of trials on their finished products?
- 'Cause they don't want bad results. But what do they do when their top product, what if it doesn't perform? It is the first step, and something that natural medicine has to do. And for me it means better medicine.
- It means when somebody comes in and says, "Hey use my selenium or use my zinc" or whatever, I'll be like, "Where's your finished product trial?" "Oh no, no, no, we're too small to do that." "Really, Jigsaw Health isn't this giant company, they did it."
- It honestly takes guts. It's different, if you're a hundred year established company and you've got 25 top selling products and much multiple channels. But when you claim to be a magnesium company, you are putting it on the line. It is the right thing to do, but we don't see that that often in medicine. I'm glad that not only did you do the right thing, but it's being answered and it's being supported by the medical community. Can I say it one more time, these numbers?
- Please do.
- 22% increase in serum over eight hours. 30% increase in RBC, getting in bloodstream, getting into the cells. 63% reduction in symptoms.
- Well thank you to all of the team, everyone involved in this. We're thrilled, and let's go party.
- Yeah, absolutely.
- Thank you so much, we'll see you next time.