If you're reading this, it's likely you know a little something about magnesium. But if you're sitting there scratching your head, thinking "malate?"... you're not alone.
Magnesium malate is formed when an ion of magnesium is attached to a molecule of malic acid (an organic compound found in fruits and vegetables, especially apples).
And, here's 5 surprising benefits to using magnesium malate because of the presence of malic acid:
- Supports the ability to bind to toxic metals, like aluminum, and render them ineffective.*
- Promotes good skin. Malic acid helps exfoliate and give skin a youthful appearance.*
- Because of the malic acid, magnesium malate plays a vital role in supporting overall muscle performance.*
- Promotes the production of saliva, which helps control oral bacteria.*
- Plays a central role in the energy production cycle and is particularly important for healthy energy levels.*
It's important to be sure you are choosing a good form of magnesium, like magnesium malate. Other cheaper forms such as magnesium oxide are poorly absorbed in the body.
MagSRT® uses a premium form, DiMagnesium Malate (2 ions of magnesium bound to malic acid), and includes Sustained Release Technology (SRT). SRT slows down the release of magnesium over 6-8 hours to avoid digestive discomfort often associated with other magnesium supplements.
Source: "Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid." The Healthier Life Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid Comments. Agora Health Ltd, 3 Dec. 2001. Web. 24 Oct. 2014.