Magnesium malate is formed when magnesium is attached to malic acid (an organic compound found in fruits and vegetables, especially apples).Magnesium malate is formed when magnesium is attached to malic acid (an organic compound found in fruits and vegetables, especially apples).
Here are 5 surprising benefits to using magnesium malate:
- Magnesium malate has the ability to bind to toxic metals, like aluminum, and excrete them from your body.*
- Magnesium malate is great for your skin, it helps exfoliate and give skin a youthful appearance.*
- Because of the malic acid, magnesium malate plays a vital role in supporting healthy relaxed muscles and overall muscle performance.*
- Magnesium malate promotes the production of saliva, which helps control oral bacteria.*
- The malic acid in magnesium malate plays a central role in the energy production cycle and is particularly important for healthy energy levels.*
It's important to be sure you are choosing a good form of magnesium, like magnesium malate.
Other cheaper forms, such as magnesium oxide, are poorly absorbed in the body and come with unwanted side effects such as diarrhea.*
Jigsaw MagSRT® uses a premium form, Dimagnesium Malate (2 ions of magnesium bound to malic acid), and includes Sustained Release Technology (SRT).
Sustained Release Technology (SRT) slows down the release of magnesium over 8 hours to enhance absorption and avoid digestive discomfort.*
Source: "Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid." The Healthier Life Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid Comments. Agora Health Ltd, 3 Dec. 2001. Web. 24 Oct. 2014.