Magnesium malate is formed when magnesium is attached to malic acid (an organic compound found in fruits and vegetables, especially apples).
Here's 5 surprising benefits to using magnesium malate:
- Magnesium malate has the ability to bind to toxic metals, like aluminum, and render them ineffective.
- Magnesium malate is good for your skin, it helps exfoliate and give skin a youthful appearance.
- Because of the malic acid, magnesium malate plays a vital role in supporting overall muscle performance.
- Magnesium malate promotes the production of saliva, which helps control oral bacteria.
- The malic acid in magnesium malate plays a central role in the energy production cycle and is particularly important for healthy energy levels.
It's important to be sure you are choosing a good form of magnesium, like magnesium malate. Other cheaper forms such as magnesium oxide are poorly absorbed in the body.*
Jigsaw MagSRT® uses a premium form, Dimagnesium Malate (2 ions of magnesium bound to malic acid), and includes Sustained Release Technology (SRT). SRT slows down the release of magnesium over 8 hours to avoid digestive discomfort often associated with other magnesium supplements.*
Source: "Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid." The Healthier Life Exploring The Benefits of Malic Acid Comments. Agora Health Ltd, 3 Dec. 2001. Web. 24 Oct. 2014.