A shocking 80% of the American population is deficient in the critical mineral, magnesium.
And, in a recent survey we conducted, we found that 93% of people have heard of magnesium but only 18% are taking magnesium supplements.
We don't think that's a coincidence.
Here's 10 signs your body is craving more magnesium:
- You get muscle cramps. Your muscles cramp and spasm when there's not enough magnesium to push calcium out of the cells to allow your muscles to relax (calcium helps muscles contract, while magnesium helps muscles relax).*
- You're stressed. Stress has many biological effects and it includes the depletion of magnesium (we refer to this as the "magnesium burn rate" -- the more stressed you are, the more magnesium you lose).*
- You drink caffeine regularly. Caffeine causes your kidneys to release magnesium resulting in depletion.*
- You have stubborn bowels. One of the most well-known symptoms of magnesium deficiency is occasional constipation. Remember, magnesium is a natural muscle relaxer and works well to keep things moving smoothly.*
- You crave chocolate. Chocolate (dark chocolate especially), is naturally high in magnesium, so when you're craving this delectable treat, it might just be your body's way of saying "I need more magnesium!".*
- You have trouble sleeping. Magnesium is often called "nature's original chill pill" because of it's calming properties and ability to support restful sleep.*
- You drink soda. The phosphates in soda bind to magnesium in the body causing depletion.*
- You get eye twitches. Eye twitches are of the most obvious signs of a magnesium deficiency. In fact, watching for these signs are classic clinical tests used in assessing calcium and magnesium deficiencies.* (1)
- You take prescription drugs. As authored by Suzy Cohen (AKA. "America's Most Trusted Pharmacist") inDrug Muggers, there's 14 different classes of prescription and over-the-counter drugs that deplete magnesium (2).*
- You don't get enough in you diet. We can thank modern farming practices for this one. The soils our foods are grown into today are severely over farmed and therefore depleted of critical minerals like magnesium. Furthermore, we recently sent off a bag of organic, sprouted almonds (one of the most magnesium dense foods you can eat) to a 3rd party lab for testing. One ounce of almonds yields 71mg... you'd have to eat 6oz a day to get 400mg of magnesium. That's nearly 1,000 calories.
As you can see from the list above, there's many signs that you might need more magnesium. And, it helps explain why 80% of the population is deficient.
We recommend eating a magnesium-rich diet and adding a high quality magnesium supplement like Mag w/SRT® to your daily regimen to replenish magnesium stores effectively.
Source: (1) Site, The Diabetes. "12 Signs You Need More Magnesium In Your Diet." The Diabetes Site Blog. CharityUSA.com, LLC., n.d. Web. 30 Aug. 2017. (2) http://www.jigsawhealth.co
Save $10 with Coupon Code: SepBlog17
Wishing you wellness!