The Holidays are here! And with all the great things that means (like family, fun and FOOD!), staying healthy can be a big challenge. So, in the spirit of Christmas, here are some helpful tips on how to enjoy this holiday season to the fullest, while still looking out for your health.
- Spend time with people you love. The merriment of the holidays is one thing that makes this time of year so special. So embrace the spirit, and put aside old grudges or differences. Letting go of old hurts does a body good, and love and laughter are like medicine for the soul.
- Stick to your regular exercise program. It can be very easy to brake a workout habit, and especially so during the holidays. But if you’ve got one, try to maintain it and you will thank yourself when New Year’s resolution time comes around.
- Enjoy the outdoors. Christmas is a wonderful time to get out into nature and revel in the beauty of the earth. Maybe that means speeding down a slope, taking a leisurely walk, playing a friendly game of backyard football, or having an all-out snowball fight. It’s up to you!
- Watch your sweets intake. There are so many delicious treats running around this time of year, and you wouldn’t want to miss out on those. So do partake of the goodies, but also take care not to over-indulge. The best rule of thumb is small portions.
- Moderation is key. This can be a time when people overdo it because of the availability of so much great food and drink. However, it is so important to eat and drink in moderation if you are trying to maintain your health over the holidays. Your waistline will thank you too.
- Take supplements to ward off illness. Immune boosting supplements like Cyto-Ess and Vitamin C are great ways to avoid getting sick during the holidays. Take a bunch often if you feel a twinge of something, and you can usually avoid a full-blown attack.
- Take a complete multi-vitamin. This should be done throughout the year, and definitely during the holidays to maintain optimal health. Another one that you’ll thank yourself for when it’s time to make your New Year’s resolutions. Take a look at Jigsaw Complete.
Article ID: 544