Posted by Team Jigsaw on August 16, 2017
Are Almonds REALLY a good source of Magnesium?
Thomas DeLauer and Ashley share the results of a lab test that Jigsaw had conducted, uncovering the truth about the amount of magnesium in Almonds. Watch the Video to learn more...
Don't want to consume 1000+ Calories of Almonds every day to meet the RDI for Magnesium? Try Jigsaw's MagSRT® – America's #1 Time-Release Magnesium Supplement: Mag w/SRT
Transcript by Rev.com
- What in tarnation are you doing?
- Well, I'm trying to get my daily intake of magnesium. I ran out of Mag SRT and I'm trying to get it from almonds.
- You're a darn fool. That's like six, seven ounces of almonds right there.
- According to what we should be getting, at least 400 milligrams of magnesium per day, I need to eat about six to seven ounces of almonds.
- You're gonna be in the gym for like seven hours burning that off. That's like 1,100 ... 1,200 calories.
- Okay, that's a horrible idea. What else can I do?
- Well I mean, I know magnesium's important to you and all but getting it from a whole food source is great, but we really have to look at the facts. You see, Jigsaw, we went ahead and we submitted for our own study. We analyzed one ounce of sprouted almonds. We sent it in to look at the actual mineral content. And like you said, yeah, it contains enough magnesium to really be good for your body. But what was really interesting was one ounce of almonds contains 71 milligrams of magnesium but also contained over 100 milligrams of calcium.
- So more calcium than magnesium?
- Correct, and if you're trying to balance out a magnesium deficiency you don't necessarily want more calcium. You're trying to switch up that ratio a little bit, get more magnesium over calcium. So you're actually putting yourself at a net loss of magnesium in that case.
- Okay, well that is very interesting. I had no idea that there was so much calcium in almonds. So maybe I should just borrow some of your Mag SRT.
- Ash, all you had to do was call.
- Oh, thanks. Now I don't have to spend hours in the gym working off this plate of bland almonds. I can just take my Mag SRT and get a smoothie instead.
- And as always, keep it locked in here with Jigsaw Health and make sure you click on the link to get your own bottle of Mag SRT so you don't have to borrow your neighbor's.
- Thanks, see you next time. Hey guys, thanks so much for tuning into this video. If you like it, please share it and we'll see you next week.